Saturday, May 17, 2008

Family Day

Jeremy had last week off from school. His spring session had ended, and his summer session begins this week, so we decided to take advantage of the time off and take a family day on Thursday. We took another trip to Philadelphia zoo. The last time we went, some of the things were still closed for winter, so we were able to see even more animals than last time! Here are some pictures of some of the animals. I don't think that I posted any of these animals last time.




Black bear










This was a different kind of a bear. I think it was called a sloth bear.








Zebra




We caught a peacock with his feathers spread!





I can't keep all of the cats straight, so I am not going to try to give all their names.









Penguin





Rhino





One of my favorites -Gorilla!





D.J. having fun. There was a board that if you touched the pictures, if made that sound that the animal makes.

Here, D.J. was able to "design" a monkey house. They had different basket, trees, monkeys, etc., and the kids could play with the stuff, designing a home for the monkeys.

You can tell who had the camera here!




We took a picnic lunch with us. We had turkey or hard salami sandwiches. I asked D.J. which he wanted. He chose the salami. While he was eating it, he said, "Is this slimy pepperoni?" We thought that this was really cute.








After we were done at the zoo, Jeremy took us to Shady Maple Smorgasbord. :-) He had cooked lunch for me for Mother's day, but still wanted to take me out. Since he knows how much I like Shady Maple, that is where he took us. We really enjoyed that also. We had a very long, but very enjoyable day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice day - makes me wish that I could have been there.
Mom