Monday, June 16, 2008

50th Anniversary Party!

On Saturday, my grandparents celebrated their 50th Anniversary. Here are some pictures of the day.






Some shots of some of the guests.



Some of the cousins playing with bubbles that Grandma and Grandpa had gotten for them.



Cutting the cake and feeding each other.



When we were children, we asked Grandma how she had kissed Grandpa at their wedding because she was so much shorter than he was. She told us that she had stood on the altar. She was joking of course, but we believed her. So, as their 50th approached, she told us that at their party, they were going to show us how it was "really done." So, here is the proof, no altar was stood on! :)


The whole clan does not get together very often, so when we do, we like to get a picture. Here is Grandma, Grandpa, their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren! (33 total) It made for a difficult time of getting everyone in!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking at the pictures. I forgot my camera that day. Typical behavior for me.
Mom

Caroline said...

Hi, Tricia! This is the first time I've been at your blog. Dan & Gina told me about it this weekend, so tho't I'd stop in a growl at your guys a little! LOL Didn't even know you had one!!!

Are you ever on my blog? If so, how come I've never heard from you on it? :(

More later. Keep in touch. Enjoyed reading yours & looking at the pics. I think I caught sight of DJ & Brandon!

Jim & Lolly Brewer said...

Good pictures. It is so nice to have these family memories. You've got a great familly. Lolly